brittanymarczak

Britt's Books

Lover at Last (Black Dagger Brotherhood Series #11)

Lover at Last - J.R. Ward No. Just...no.I didn't think I'd ever give this book a 1-star rating. But Ward left me with no choice. I even threw the book a little when I was done.This book was filled with utter disappointment. Ward built these two wonderful characters up for years -- and just didn't know how to handle this relationship when she couldn't put it off for any longer. So...she continued to put it off in their book. She had needless, pointless POVs. She had HUGE miscommunications that could be solved with a simple sentence. She used more angst than I've seen since I read Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. And then the last 10%? Miracle, happy, happy, joy, joy -- they suddenly say the magic words and they're perfectly fucking happy forever!Cue the vomiting. J. R. Ward, I am done with you. Like Sax with Blay, I've known for a long, long time that it wasn't going to work out, but I kept trying, hoping that you would make me happy. What a fucking fool I am. No more. This did absolutely no justice to Blay and Qhuinn. I hated the language filling this book. I'm not satisfied an iota by how she handle the gay relationship, or Qhuinn's weird breakdown thing. Nothing made me smile wide or sigh in happiness. No, all my sighs were frustration, anger, and sadness.Sadness because Ward has chosen quantity over quality, and I paid for a bound book with shit on the pages.Harsh words, but I mean them. I'm done. So. Absolutely. Done.