brittanymarczak

Britt's Books

The Mistress - Tiffany Reisz It's so hard to write a review for this book. It was amazing, it was heart wrenching, and most of all, it was full of love.Each of the Original Sinners books has its own tone, and its own motifs. Love, in all its forms, has always been in each book, but it felt even stronger in Mistress. Letting people go because of your love for them, and all the sacrifices one makes for the people they love. Love vs. unhealthy obsession. Soul deep love, and love that isn't so deep.I've cried in every OS book, but I cried very little in Mistress. That doesn't mean it's bad, or even that I'm disappointed. Far from it. It was everything I'd hoped this book to be. Yes, the first half felt slow, and felt like a rehashing of everything I already knew, sometimes being explained a couple times. But by the end, I didn't mind it so much. Søren made me weep from the simplest two or three letter sentences. That man holds my heart and knows it, the bastard. Nora was so fucking badass that I couldn't help but to grin. King made my heart and breath stop, and I didn't think it was possible to love him any more. I do. Those two make me proud to be a switch. Proud, and humble. To share something with these three characters is breathtaking. I love them so very much.Wes finally grew the fuck up. Let me say that I have NEVER liked Wes' character. Ever. He's cute, but from far, far away. Like across the ocean. Then came this book. He matured, learned a lot of lessons, and he held his own ground while doing it. I now respect him. Grace and Laila were wonderful to see, to watch both of their stories grow and unravel. I loved them both as well. Unlike the epilogue of Deathly Hallows, I loved the last chapter in Mistress. It left me satisfied, while also wanting to find and play with a whole new set of characters. I trusted Mistress Tiffany to give me the perfect ending. She didn't disappoint. ----------------------------------------- Holy hell. What a rush. Now that it's going on 8am, and I've hit 100%, I think I should get some sleep. Then I'll say how wonderful the end to this series was.